THE UTAH CHAPTER of the AMERICAN PUBLIC WORKS ASSOCIATION accepts applications from students for three scholarships, they are as follows:
- One public works employee scholarships award of a $1,000*
- Two full-time student scholarships ($2000*), pursuing a career in Public Works administration, and/or engineering.
DEADLINE: Applications must be received one week prior to our annual fall conference.
Public Works Employee Qualifications for the Award includes:
1. Applicant must be a full-time employee in engineering or public works.
2. Applicant must be a current member of the Utah Chapter of APWA.
3. Education Program must be from an Accredited University or College.
4. Educational Program must be pertinent to the public works/engineering field.
5. The applicant must be recommended by his/her supervisor or employer and provide letter of recommendation.
6. Chapter scholarship funds may be used to supplement, but may be used in place of employer training funds.
Student Qualifications for the Award includes:
1. Applicant must be a full-time college student at an accredited university in Utah
2. Applicant must be Pursuing a course in Administration / Public Works/ Engineering
3. Applicant must be a resident of the State of Utah
4,. Applicant must be senior in good-standing in the current year, term/semester
*The amount of the award may changed, based on the decision of the Board and revenue generated.